Friday, June 4, 2010

Starvation Mode

So this morning I learned something very interesting about weight loss and how my body reacts to certain things. For the last two days, I have been experiencing some very odd physical symptoms as a result of eating so little. I had two days in a row with about 1200 calories or less, and my body went into Starvation Mode. I have lost about 6 pounds since Wednesday morning, which is probably good, but I've also had some crazzzzy gastrointestinal issues, not been able to sleep very well, some weakness and shakiness, and especially, hypothermic symptoms. Throughout the day, especially when indoors, I have been inexplicably cold and shivering violently for minutes at a time. Wednesday night I laid awake in bed for about two hours unable to sleep because I couldn't stop shivering. And now, the weirdest thing is that I am getting ravenously hungry, but when I go to eat, I don't feel like eating. I am literally forcing myself to eat anything. I really need to balance this thing out again, hahaha.

today so far I've had:

- coffee
- a sausage biscuit
- a chicken sandwich
- a banana
- 1 serving of blueberries
______________________

- 6 inch turkey on wheat
- DDP
- water

so hopefully I'm back on track eating a good amount today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment